Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Psychologist – UK Visa Applications
The UK government’s drive to improve NHS mental health services has created an urgent demand for suitably qualified and experienced psychologists for both the NHS and private healthcare sector.
The need to recruit experienced psychologists from overseas has never been more pressing and Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise the NHS and private healthcare companies on recruiting experienced psychologists from non-EEA countries, who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise companies wishing to recruit candidates from overseas on Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified as psychologists the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible professional roles for psychologists wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as psychologists.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Clinical psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Forensic psychologist
- Occupational psychologist
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a psychologist role might involve to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- develops and administers tests to measure intelligence, abilities, aptitudes, etc, and assesses results
- develops treatment and guidance methods and gives treatment or guidance using a variety of therapy and counselling techniques
- observes and experiments on humans and animals to measure mental and physical characteristics
- analyses the effect of hereditary, social and physical factors on thought and behaviour
- studies psychological factors in the treatment and prevention of mental illness or emotional and personality disorders
- maintains required contacts with family members, education or other health professionals, as appropriate – and recommends possible solutions to problems presented
- applies professional knowledge and techniques within the workplace, addressing issues such as job design, work groups, motivation etc
- applies psychological treatment methods to help athletes achieve optimum mental health and enhance sporting performance.
The current minimum salary range for a psychologist applying for a Tier 2 UK visa is:
- Band 5 & equiv: £21,388
- Band 6 & equiv: £25,783
- Band 7 & equiv: £30,764
- Band 8a & equiv: £39,239
- Band 8b & equiv: £45,707
- Band 8c & equiv: £54,998
- Band 8d & equiv: £65,922
- Band 9 & equiv: £77,850.
Source: NHS Agenda for Change 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Psychologist
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a psychologist joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a psychologist appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration, the UK visa application process and the UK Immigration Act.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit qualified and experienced psychologists from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for psychologists wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Psychologists, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.