Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Podiatrists – UK Visa Applications
Skills shortages in the medical sector include a shortage of qualified and experienced podiatrists to provide healthcare to a rapidly growing and ageing UK population.
Healthcare providers often find themselves competing in a global marketplace for the best and brightest candidates to fill vacancies.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise private healthcare providers and the NHS on the overseas recruitment of podiatrists and podiatry assistants, who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise companies wishing to recruit healthcare staff from overseas on Tier 2 applications, as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified as podiatrists in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for podiatrists wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as podiatrists.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a podiatrist role might involve to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- examines patients’ feet to determine the nature and extent of disorder
- provides vascular and neurological assessment for the long-term management of chronic disorders and high-risk patients
- administers local anaesthetic, where appropriate
- treats conditions of the skin, nails and soft tissues of feet by minor surgery, massage and heat treatment, padding and strapping or drugs
- prescribes, makes and fits pads and other orthotic appliances to correct and/or protect foot disorders
- those with advanced training may carry out minor surgery on the feet
- advises patients on aspects of foot care to avoid recurrence of foot problems
- delivers foot health education to groups such as the elderly, children, the homeless, those with medical problems such as arthritis
- refers patients who require further medical or surgical attention.
The current minimum salary range for a podiatrist applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be:
- Band 5 & equiv: £21,388
- Band 6 & equiv: £25,783
- Band 7 & equiv: £30,764
- Band 8a & equiv: £39,239
- Band 8b & equiv: £45,707
- Band 8c & equiv: £54,998
- Band 8d & equiv: £65,922
- Band 9 & equiv: £77,850.
Source: NHS Agenda for Change 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Podiatrists
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a podiatrist joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a podiatrist appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on UK business immigration and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit experienced and qualified podiatrists from non-EEA countries on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for podiatrists wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Podiatrists, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.