Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Physiotherapists – UK Visa Applications
There are currently 3,000 members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy who qualified overseas before coming to the UK to work. Physiotherapists registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) are classified as fully qualified to work in the UK, while those whose registration is not complete may be classified as an associate.
Skills shortages in the UK healthcare sector frequently involve healthcare providers competing in a global marketplace to recruit suitably qualified and experienced physiotherapists.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise private companies and the NHS on the international recruitment of physiotherapists, who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise healthcare providers on Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified as physiotherapists in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for physiotherapists wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as physiotherapists.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Physiotherapy practitioner.
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a physiotherapist role might involve to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- examines medical reports and assesses patient to determine the condition of muscles, nerves or joints in need of treatment
- writes up patients’ case notes and reports, maintains their records and manages caseload
- plans and undertakes therapy to improve circulation, restore joint mobility, strengthen muscles and reduce pain
- explains treatment to and instructs patient in posture and other exercises and adapts treatment as necessary
- offers advice and education on how to avoid injury and promote patients’ future health and wellbeing
- supervises physiotherapy assistants
- monitors patients’ progress and liaises with others concerned with the treatment and rehabilitation of a patient – and refers patients requiring other specific medical attention.
The current minimum salary range for a physiotherapist applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be:
- Band 5 & equiv: £21,388
- Band 6 & equiv: £25,783
- Band 7 & equiv: £30,764
- Band 8a & equiv: £39,239
- Band 8b & equiv: £45,707
- Band 8c & equiv: £54,998
- Band 8d & equiv: £65,922
- Band 9 & equiv: £77,850.
Source: NHS Agenda for Change 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Physiotherapist
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a physiotherapist joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a physiotherapist appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on UK business immigration law and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit qualified and experienced physiotherapists from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for physiotherapists wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Physiotherapists, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.