Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Pharmacist – UK Visa Applications
The NHS is placing more emphasis on pharmacists as frontline healthcare providers – and the demand for suitably qualified and experienced pharmacists to work in high street pharmacies, healthcare centres and hospitals has never been more urgent.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise the NHS and private healthcare providers on the international recruitment of pharmacists, who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers regularly advise on recruiting skilled overseas candidates and Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified in pharmacy in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for pharmacists wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as pharmacists.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a healthcare provider that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Chemist (pharmaceutical)
- Dispensary manager
- Pharmaceutical chemist
- Pharmacy manager.
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a pharmacist role might involve to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- prepares or directs the preparation of prescribed medicaments in liquid, powder, tablet, ointment or other form, following prescriptions issued by medical doctors and other health professionals
- advises health professionals on the selection and appropriate use of medicines
- highlights a drug’s potential side effects, identifies harmful interactions with other drugs and assesses the suitability of treatments for patients with particular health conditions
- checks that recommended doses are not being exceeded and that instructions are understood by patients
- maintains prescription files and records issue of narcotics, poisons and other habit-forming drugs
- liaises with other professionals regarding the development, manufacturing and testing of drugs
- tests and analyses drugs to determine their identity, purity and strength
- ensures that drugs and medicaments are in good supply and are stored properly.
The current minimum salary range for a pharmacist applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be:
- Pre-registration pharmacists (non-NHS) £20,500 – or £20,000 for applicants who entered Tier 2 under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011 and are not subject to the experienced worker rate
- Band 5 & equiv: £21,388
- Band 6 & equiv: £25,783
- Band 7 & equiv: £30,764
- Band 8a & equiv: £39,239
- Band 8b & equiv: £45,707
- Band 8c & equiv: £54,998
- Band 8d & equiv: £65,922
- Band 9 & equiv: £77,850.
Source: (non-NHS) – Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2011. No comparable data available on the Survey of Hours and Earnings 2013. NHS – Agenda for Change 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Pharmacists
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a pharmacist joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a pharmacist appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration, the UK visa application process and UK Immigration Act.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit qualified and experienced pharmacists from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for pharmacists wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Pharmacists, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.