Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Medical Radiographers – UK Visa Applications
A shortage of medical radiographers across the UK has been blamed for delays in diagnosis and treatments in the NHS.
Recruiting high calibre medical radiographers in an increasingly competitive global market can prove a challenge for UK firms, as they compete for the most experienced and qualified candidates in an international recruitment market.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise companies on the overseas recruitment of medical radiographers, who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise companies wishing to recruit medical radiographers from non-EEA countries on Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified as medical radiographers in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for medical radiographers wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as medical radiographers.
Under the regulations, the roles that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include medical radiographer and vascular technologist.
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a medical radiographer might undertake to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- uses a range of imaging devices for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- assesses patients and interprets clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic treatments
- verifies identity of patient and ensures that necessary preparations have been made for the examination/ treatment
- decides length and intensity of exposure or strength of dosage of isotope
- positions patient and operates x-ray, scanning or fluoroscopic equipment
- maintains records of all radiographic/therapeutic work undertaken
- plans course of treatment with clinical oncologists and physicists
- calculates radiation dosage and maps volume to be treated
- explains treatment to patient and management of any side effects
- carries out post-treatment reviews and follow-ups.
The current minimum salary range for a medical radiographer applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be:
- Band 5 & equiv: £21,388
- Band 6 & equiv: £25,783
- Band 7 & equiv: £30,764
- Band 8a & equiv: £39,239
- Band 8b & equiv: £45,707
- Band 8c & equiv: £54,998
- Band 8d & equiv: £65,922
- Band 9 & equiv: £77,850.
Source: NHS Agenda for Change 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Medical Radiographers
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a medical radiographer joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a medical radiographer appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on UK business immigration and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit qualified medical radiographers from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for medical radiographers wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Medical Radiographers, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.