Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Medical Practitioner – UK Visa Applications
Recruiting qualified and experienced medical practitioners from overseas is essential for both the NHS and private healthcare providers needing to maintain an effective workforce.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise the NHS and private healthcare providers on the international recruitment of qualified and experienced medical practitioners from non-EEA territories – who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise companies on Tier 2 applications, including advising on the English language requirements for skilled workers, including medical practitioners. Duncan Lewis is also able to advise on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified in healthcare and clinical practice in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for medical practitioners wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as medical practitioners.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Consultant (Hospital Service)
- General practitioner
- Medical practitioner
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a medical practitioner role might involve to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- examines patient, arranges for any necessary X-rays or other tests and interprets results
- diagnoses condition and prescribes and/or administers appropriate treatment/surgery
- administers medical tests and inoculations against communicable diseases
- supervises patient’s progress and advises on diet, exercise and other preventative action
- refers patient to specialist where necessary and liaises with specialist
- prepares and delivers lectures, undertakes research, and conducts and participates in clinical trials
- supervises the implementation of care and treatment plans by other healthcare providers.
The current salary rates for a medical practitioner applying for a Tier 2 UK visa include:
- Foundation year 1 (F1) and equivalent: £22,636
- Foundation year 2 (F2) and equivalent: £28,076
- Speciality registrar (StR) and equivalent: £30,002
- Speciality doctor and equivalent: £37,176
- Salaried General Practitioner (GP) and equivalent: £54,319
- Consultant and equivalent: £75,249.
Source: NHS Employers Medical and Dental Pay Circular 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Medical Practitioner
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a medical practitioner joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a medical practitioner appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on UK business immigration law and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise NHS and private healthcare companies wishing to recruit qualified and experienced medical practitioners from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for medical practitioners wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Medical Practitioners, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.