Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Environment Professionals – UK Visa Applications
EU and global environmental targets are fuelling a demand for skilled environment professionals able to develop and implement corporate environmental strategies – and ensure that companies focus on sustainable business solutions to comply with legislation and protect the environment.
Because of the current demand for skilled and experienced environment professionals in UK companies and organisations, recruiting candidates from overseas can be crucial to maintaining environmentally sound corporate decision-making.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise companies and industry on overseas recruitment of environment professionals – who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise private and public sector businesses and organisations on Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified in environmental studies in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for environment professionals wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as environment professionals.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Energy manager
- Environmental consultant
- Environmental engineer
- Environmental protection officer
- Environmental scientist
- Landfill engineer.
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties an environment professional might undertake to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- identifies contamination of land, air or water and assesses any adverse impact on the environment
- advises on and provides solutions for mitigating the effects of such contamination
- implements remediation works
- carries out environment-related desk based research and fieldwork to collect, analyse and interpret data to determine their validity, quality and significance
- carries out environmental audits and environmental impact assessments
- communicates scientific and technical information to relevant audiences in an appropriate form, via reports, workshops, educational events, public hearings
- assists organisations to conduct their activities in an environmentally appropriate manner
- implements, reviews and advises on regulatory and legislative standards, guidelines and policies
- provides professional guidance to clients, government agencies, regulators and other relevant bodies, having regard for sustainable approaches and solutions.
The current minimum salary range for an environment professional applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be £24,600 for an experienced member of staff – and £20,500 for a new entrant, or £19,700 for applicants who entered Tier 2 under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011 and are not subject to the experienced worker rate.
Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Environment Professional
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for an environment professional joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of an environment professional appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre environment professionals from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for environment professionals wishing to take up appointments in the UK
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Environment Professionals, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.