If you are experiencing problems at work or are not clear about your legal rights, then we can advise with regard to:
• Unfair Dismissal
• Discrimination on grounds of Sex, Race, Disability, Religion & Belief, Sexual Orientation and Age
• Changes to Terms & Conditions of your Contract of Employment
• Harassment / Bullying at Work
• Holiday / Long Hours / Sick Pay Rights
• Maternity Rights
• Minimum Wage
We have negotiated quick and amicable solutions for many of our clients. Where this is not possible, we can represent you in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and Court of Appeal. We find that many cases eventually settle no matter how far apart the parties are at the beginning. When this doesn’t happen, we can arrange representation either by one of our in-house advocates or by a barrister best suited to deal with your case. If you are unable to pay for representation, we can refer your case to the Free Representation Unit.
Our solicitors can advise in respect of Compromise Agreements. Your employer will usually pay for this.
We can advise and assist with:
- Drafting contracts, staff handbooks, policies and procedures.
- Drafting directors' service contracts.
- Advice and assistance with disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Training key employees, managers and HR.
- Advice on injunctive relief, restrictive covenants and anti competition clauses.
- Negotiation of settlements with employees and Compromise Agreements.
- Representation in the Employment Tribunal, High Court, Employment Appeal Tribunal and above.
We bring our expertise from representation in the Employment Tribunal to advise our employer clients on how to avoid such claims. We give practical step by step advice as to how to deal with employee issues in such a way as to limit liability. Our contracts, policies and procedures are tailored to your business, not “off the shelf”.
Sometimes claims are inevitable. When they are, we look at the best and most cost effective way to defend them. If it is not possible to reach agreement with your employee, we can arrange representation either by one of our in-house advocates or by a barrister best suited to deal with your case.