Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Dental Practitioner – UK Visa Applications
The shortage of suitably qualified and experienced dentists and dental practitioners across the UK has impacted not only on the NHS, but also on the private sector – with an increasing need for healthcare providers to recruit dental practitioners from overseas to meet their recruitment targets.
Recruiting high-calibre dental practitioners from non-EU countries in an increasingly competitive global market can prove a challenge for UK healthcare providers – and Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors understand how vital it is that visa applications for dental practitioners go ahead smoothly and without delay.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers can advise the NHS and private healthcare providers on the overseas recruitment of dental practitioners – who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit overseas candidates on Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified in dentistry the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for dental practitioners wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as dental practitioners.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Dental surgeon
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a dental practitioner might undertake to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- examines patients’ teeth, gums and jaw, using dental and x-ray equipment, diagnoses dental conditions
- assesses and recommends treatment options to patients
- administers local anaesthetics
- carries out clinical treatments, restores teeth affected by decay etc, treats gum disease and other disorders
- constructs and fits braces, inlays, dentures and other appliances
- supervises patient’s progress and advises on preventative action
- educates patients on oral health care
- refers patient to specialist, where necessary
- maintains patients’ dental health records
- prepares and delivers lectures, undertakes research and conducts and participates in clinical trials.
The current minimum salary range for a dental practitioner applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be:
- Foundation year 1 (F1) (Hospital dental services) and equivalent: £30,433
- Foundation year 2 (F2) (Hospital dental services) and equivalent: £29,912
- Speciality registrar (StR) and equivalent: £30,002
- Speciality dentist: £37,176
- Band A posts (e.g. Community practitioner) and equivalent: £38,095
- Band B posts (e.g. Senior dental officer) and equivalent: £59,259
- Band C posts (e.g. Specialist / managerial posts) and equivalent: £70,899
- Consultant (Hospital dental services) and equivalent: £75,249.
Source: NHS Employers Medical and Dental Pay Circular 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Dental Practitioners
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a dental practitioner joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a dental practitioner appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration law and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit qualified and experienced dental practitioners from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for dental practitioners wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Dental Practitioners, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.