Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Ceo/Senior Official – UK Visa Applications
International recruitment of a CEO visa or senior official under UK immigration law involves fulfilling criteria laid down by the UK government under the Immigration Act.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have extensive expertise in advising UK companies on the recruitment of high-calibre senior staff from overseas.
CEO visas and senior official visas are issued according to the regulations governing occupations to NQF Level 6.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as CEOs or senior officials. Under the regulations, roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include not only chief executive officers and senior officials, but also:
- Chief Executive
- Chief Medical Officer
- Civil Servant (Grade 5 & over)
- Vice President.
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the duties a CEO/senior official role might undertake to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- analyses economic, social, legal and other data, and plans, formulates and directs at strategic level the operation of a company or organisation
- consults with subordinates to formulate, implement and review company/organisation policy, authorises funding for policy implementation programmes and institutes reporting, auditing and control systems
- prepares or arranges for the preparation of reports, budgets, forecasts or other information
- plans and controls the allocation of resources and the selection of senior staff
- evaluates government/local authority departmental activities, discusses problems with government/local authority officials and administrators, and formulates departmental policy
- negotiates and monitors contracted out services provided to the local authority by the private sector
- studies and acts upon any legislation that may affect the local authority
- stimulates public interest by providing publicity, giving lectures and interviews, and organising appeals for a variety of causes
- directs or undertakes the preparation, publication and dissemination of reports and other information of interest to members and other interested parties.
The current UK salary range for a CEO/Senior official would be £47,500 for an experienced member of staff – and £28,700 for a new entrant.
Source: UK Visas & Immigration Codes of Practice 2014.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – CEO/Senior Official
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a CEO or senior official joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a CEO/senior official appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration specialists are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration, the UK visa application process and UK business immigration law.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre CEOs and senior officials from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for CEOs and senior officials wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for CEOs and Senior Officials, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.