Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Therapy Professionals (not elsewhere classified) – UK Visa Applications
NHS and private healthcare providers rely on a wide range of therapy professionals not elsewhere classified to provide rehabilitation services to patients, those with chronic conditions – and those with serious or recurrent injuries such as sports injuries.
The global skills shortages in the healthcare sector means healthcare providers often need to recruit experienced and qualified staff from non-EEA countries to meet UK recruitment targets.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors frequently advise companies on international recruitment – and can advise on the overseas recruitment of therapy professionals not elsewhere classified to work in the NHS and private healthcare companies.
Therapists are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers can advise individuals and companies on Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified as healthcare professionals in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for therapy professionals not elsewhere classified wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as therapy professionals not elsewhere classified.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Art therapist
- Cognitive behavioural therapist
- Dance movement therapist
- Family therapist
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a therapy professional might undertake to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- prescribes diet therapy and gives advice to patients, healthcare professionals and the public on dietetic and nutritional matters for those with special dietary requirements, or to prevent illness among the general population
- diagnoses and treats disorders of vision and eye movements, monitors subsequent progress and recommends further optical, pharmacological or surgical treatment as required
- manipulates and massages patient to discover the cause of pain, relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility – and to correct irregularities in body structure
- adopts a holistic approach in assessing the overall health of the patient – and treats by inserting needles under the skin at particular locations, according to the disorder being treated
- administers aromatic herbs and oils and massage, to relieve pain and restore health
- assesses and provides treatment for people with mental disabilities, or those suffering with mental illness, stress, and emotional and relationship problems
- diagnoses and treats behavioural problems in animals.
The current minimum salary range for therapy professionals not elsewhere classified applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be:
- Band 5 & equiv: £21,388
- Band 6 & equiv: £25,783
- Band 7 & equiv: £30,764
- Band 8a & equiv: £39,239
- Band 8b & equiv: £45,707
- Band 8c & equiv: £54,998
- Band 8d & equiv: £65,922
- Band 9 & equiv: £77,850.
Source: NHS Agenda for Change 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Therapy Professionals not elsewhere classified
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a therapy professional (not elsewhere classified) joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a therapy practitoner appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on UK visa applications and business immigration.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre therapy professionals (not elsewhere classified) from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for therapy professionals not elsewhere classified wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Therapy Professionals not elsewhere classified, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.