Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Production and Process Engineers – UK Visa Applications
Recruiting high calibre production and process engineers can be vital for all sectors of manufacturing and industry in an increasingly competitive global market.
UK firms in an employment sector with skills shortage are vying with overseas companies to recruit the most experienced production and process engineers – and the current shortages in STEM subjects in the UK can make the international recruitment of production and process engineers vital.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise companies on overseas recruitment of production and process engineers – who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise companies on Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have qualified as production and process engineers in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for production and process engineers wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as production and process engineers.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Chemical engineer
- Industrial engineer
- Process engineer
- Production consultant
- Production engineer.
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties a production and process engineer might undertake to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- studies existing and alternative production methods, regarding work flow, plant layout, types of machinery and cost
- recommends optimum equipment and layout and prepares drawings and specifications
- devises and implements production control methods to monitor operational efficiency
- investigates and eliminates potential hazards and bottlenecks in production
- advises management on and ensures effective implementation of new production methods, techniques and equipment
- liaises with materials buying, storing and controlling departments to ensure a steady flow of supplies
- undertakes research and develops processes to achieve physical and/or chemical change for oil, pharmaceutical, synthetic, plastic, food and other products
- designs, controls and constructs process plants to manufacture products.
The current minimum salary range for a production and process engineer applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be £29,900 for an experienced member of staff – and £24,000 for a new entrant.
Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2013
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Production and Process Engineer
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a production and process engineer joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of a production and process engineer appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration law and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre production and process engineers from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for production and process engineers wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Production and Process Engineers, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.