I joined Duncan Lewis in February 2016 as a caseworker in the Public Law department at the firm’s Harrow office.
I hope to qualify as a solicitor, specialising in immigration and asylum law. Since arriving at Duncan Lewis, I have become accredited as a Level 1 Probationer Immigration caseworker, and have focused on challenging the detention of pregnant women.
I speak conversational French and Arabic (Levantine).
Supervisor: Laura Smith
Director: Toufique Hossain
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation) - City University (2014-2015)
- Certificate of Advanced Arabic Studies - Qasid Institute for Arabic Studies, Amman, Jordan (2011-2013)
- BA Hons Theology (First Class, Gibbs Prize) - Oxford University (2009- 2011)
- Helped establish and run the City University branch of the Bail Observation Project (BOP). BOP scrutinises the Immigration and Asylum Tribunals, to raise awareness of procedural inconsistency, and to propose ways in which the process can be improved. (2015-2016)
- Worked in Strasbourg as a stagiaire in the Press Unit of the European Court of Human Rights. Tasked with preparing press releases of court judgments and compiling fact-sheets on particular issues. (2014)
- Worked at JRS Malta as Arabic/French-English interpreter as well as general outreach volunteer in Malta ’s migrant detention centres. (2014)
- Volunteered in Kenya with the Xavier Project, an organisation that enables young Congolese and Somali refugees to go to school. (2009)
- R (oao) MS and Others v SSHD (Three linked cases challenging the policy detention of pregnant women. On-going) Lead caseworker under supervision of Toufique Hossain and Laura Smith.
In his free time Patrick enjoys rock-climbing, hiking and music (especially Irish and Arabic). He has a passion for learning about different cultures and languages, and has travelled widely: in East Africa, North Africa, South America, the Middle East, India and the West Coast of Ireland .
Membership and Appointments
Patrick in the Press