Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Occupational Therapists – UK Visa Applications
Because occupational therapists work with a wide range of patients in different settings, meeting recruitment targets can involve employing candidates from overseas to fill the skills gap in the UK health sector.
Healthcare employees from overseas also need to reach a certain level of fluency in English, as well as being appropriately qualified and experienced.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise companies on the international recruitment of occupational therapists – who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise on Tier 2 applications – as well as advising on recruiting recent overseas graduates who have trained and qualified as occupational therapists in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for occupational therapists wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as occupational therapists.
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties an occupational therapist might undertake to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- considers the physical, psychological and social needs of a patient that might result from illness, injury, congenital condition or lifestyle problems
- devises, designs, initiates and monitors carefully selected and graded treatments and activities as part of the assessment and intervention process
- liaises with a wide variety of other professionals in planning and reviewing ongoing treatments
- trains students and supervises the work of occupational therapy assistants
- makes home visits to clients, families and carers to organise support and rehabilitation and assist them to deal and cope with disability
- counsels clients in ways to promote a healthy lifestyle, prevention of illness and/or preparation for coping with increasing stages of illness
- maintains patient records, manages caseloads.
The current minimum salary range for an occupational therapist applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be:
- Band 5 & equiv: £21,388
- Band 6 & equiv: £25,783
- Band 7 & equiv: £30,764
- Band 8a & equiv: £39,239
- Band 8b & equiv: £45,707
- Band 8c & equiv: £54,998
- Band 8d & equiv: £65,922
- Band 9 & equiv: £77,850.
Source: NHS Agenda for Change 2013.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Occupational Therapists
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for an occupational therapist joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of an occupational therapist appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers regularly advise companies wishing to recruit qualified and experienced occupational therapists from non-EEA countries on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for occupational therapists wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Occupational Therapists, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.