A better work life balance
Ability to earn more
FEE SHARE CONSULTANT SOLICITOR
We are looking for Solicitors within London and through out the UK, who wish to fee share and enjoy more flexibility and control of their personal lives. We offer an extremely competitive fee sharing scheme along with all the administrative back up required for you to maximise your fee earning time and capacity.
If you are driven by success, have a client following, a desire to earn more, manage your own time and work as hard as you want, and are no longer interested in working 9am – 5pm, then please read on.
Why choose Consultancy
- A better work life balance
- Ability to earn more
- Work from home
- Be your own boss
- Manage your own time and work
- Flexibility and control over the mix of work undertaken
- Admin and IT support
- Fee sharing
- Build your own client base
- Must be self motivated
- Driven by success
- Desire to earn more
- Self discipline
- Client following
- Business minded
- PR skills
- IT literate
- Practising certificate
- Minimum 3 years PQD
We believe that we are justly proud of the fact that we are the largest provider in the United Kingdom of Legal Aid services and the holder of many recognised standards of excellence namely, The Legal 500, Lexcel and Investors in People Gold Standard. We operate from ten offices in the London area with over 400 staff and in addition to Legal Aid we have a thriving private client practice. We also manage and operate over 70 independent Consultants and are constantly expanding this area of our work.
We have considerable experience in management and operation of the back office services and our IT systems are at the forefront of the industry – we have our own in-house IT team comprising seven operatives who are constantly improving and enlarging our systems. We utilise electronic and digital dictation systems with transcription services which enable high levels of fee earning to be achieved.
We are a limited company with a Board of Directors and have a corporate approach to management and development and utilise specialists in running the day to day affairs of the Company – this allows Solicitors a full opportunity to become high earners with rewards based on endeavour and achievement rather than hours worked. It is for this reason that we determined further expansion should be through the Consultancy model which allows independent and pro-active members of the legal profession to develop their client base and earn according to the levels of fees generated – in addition this allows a level of freedom as to method and hours worked which encourages a new approach to fee earning. It is our earnest hope that this business model will appeal to you and that you will find financial success with us as an independent Consultant.
Our commitment to you
If you decide to choose this path Duncan Lewis will provide:
- Initial induction and training to our method of practice
- Professional Indemnity cover of 3 Million.
- Third party liability insurance cover.
- Remote and secure access to Duncan Lewis accounts and case management systems/email/ Microsoft etc – we will pay the licensing costs of such connection.
- Telephone answering service.
- Digital recording and secretarial transcription service to the standard already in situ at Duncan Lewis or as improved and implemented.
- All letterhead paper and business cards.
- Scanning service of all letters/documents etc plus electronic faxing services.
- Assistance in preparation of large Court Bundles, photocopying and archiving of files.
- Access to all precedents currently available or incorporated into our management systems in the future.
- In house billing service for LSC funded Legal Help, Certificate and Private client files.
- Reception areas for clients, interview and conference rooms as and when required.
- Entry to our website and display of your services within DL’s expertise.
- Access to such publicity or advertising material currently prepared or being prepared for DL.
- Management of all Accounting Processes and Billing.
- Supervision and file Reviews
- Access to training material and webinars to meet CPD requirements.
- Work without day to day supervision
- Have a valid practicing certificate
- Provide services in an expert and diligent manner
- Provide services with due care, skill and ability
- Compliance to best practices
- Maintain CPD requirements in accordance with Law Society regulations
- Work minimum of 20 hours a week
- Pay an annual licence fee of £750 for web based case management system
- Provide your own computer hardware, printer, scanner, telephone fax
- Forthwith advise of each new instruction received
- Maintain upto date time record of work done
- Fees to be shared on agreed %
- Consultant to be paid their fees once monies received DL
- Fee sharing % paid to consultant in the following month of when fees received
- For any work referred to DL , the Consultant will receive a 5% referral fee on completion of the case.
Why choose Duncan Lewis
- Duncan Lewis is a dynamic, innovative, progressive and flourishing legalaid and private practice employing over 400 staff across London and 70 consultants nationally.
- Duncan Lewis is a limited company with a management team with a corporate approach and are specialists in running the day to day affairs of the business.
- Private paid work continues to grow year on year and the consultancy model fits with our expansion programme.
- We have legal aid franchises in the following areas of law: Immigration, Family and Childcare, Housing, Welfare benefits, Care in Community, Mental health, Debt, Litigation, Crime and Juducial review.
- We are the largest provider of legal aid services in the UK.
- We pride ourselves as holders of many recognised standards of excellence such as: The legal 500, ISO9000 and Investors in people gold standard.
- Through our back office and IT structure, we can provide a range of administrative and IT support.
- We believe that lawyers should be left to do what they do best without the burden of running a business.
OFFICES IN LONDON AND WITHIN M25
We presently have consultancy opportunities in all our London offices:-
- City of London EC2
- New Cross Gate
- Shepherds Bush
- Tower hamlets
Consultants can also apply to be linked to one of our National offices in all the major cities in the UK.
If you have a clean practising certificate, and can demonstrate a strong commitment to your area of specialism, then please apply below.