Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Functional Managers & Directors (Not Elsewhere Classified) – UK Visa Applications
Recruiting top level managers and directors from a global talent pool can be essential in the successful operation of companies in the UK – and ensuring that visa applications for skilled professionals are completed correctly is necessary to ensure the process goes ahead smoothly and the candidate is able to take up their position within a UK company.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors have a wealth of experience in advising on Tier 2 general visas under UK immigration law, as well as Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers of staff to the UK – including completing the visa application on behalf of business clients.
Visa applications for functional managers and directors coming to work in the UK are possible under the UK Visas & Immigration Codes of Practice governing occupations to NQF level 6.
Under the UK Visas & Immigration guidelines, roles eligible for a Tier 2 visa for human resources managers and directors also include:
- Manager (charitable organisation)
- Research director.
The UK Visas & Immigration regulations also set out the type of duties which might be involved in the role of a functional manager or director under the UK Immigration Act, including:
- helps to formulate and implement local government policy and ensures legal and statutory provisions are observed
- organises local authority office work and resources, negotiates contracted out services
- plans, organises, coordinates and directs the resources of a special interest organisation
- formulates and directs the implementation of an organisation’s policies
- represents union, association or charity in consultation and negotiation with government, employees and other bodies
- stimulates public interest by providing publicity, giving lectures and interviews and organising appeals
- directs or undertakes the preparation, publication and dissemination of reports and other.
The minimum UK salary rates for functional managers and directors are £26,100 for an experienced candidate – and £20,500 for a new entrant, or £12,000 for applicants who entered Tier 2 under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011 and are not subject to the experienced worker rate.
Source: UK Visas & Immigration Codes of Practice 2014.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Functional Managers & Directors (not elsewhere classified)
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for a functional manager or director requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process can potentially jeopardise the appointment of staff and affect a company’s operation.
Duncan Lewis is one of the UK’s leading immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising on the UK visa application process and UK business immigration law.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors are able to advise on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors are also able to advise on visa appeals for functional managers and directors wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Functional Managers and Directors (not elsewhere classified), call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.