Duncan Lewis – Elected Officers and Representatives – UK Visa Applications
Elected officers and elected representatives can apply for UK Tier 2 visas under the UK Visas & Immigration guidelines according to the regulations governing occupations to NQF Level 6.
Elected officer and elected representative roles eligible for UK Tier 2 visas include:
- Local government councillor
- Member of Parliament.
The UK Visas & Immigration regulations also set out the type of duties which might be involved in the role of an elected officer or representative under the UK Immigration Act, including:
- represents constituency within the legislature and advises and assists constituents on a variety of issues
- acts as a Party representative within the constituency
- participates in debates and votes on legislative and other matters
- holds positions on parliamentary or local government committees
- tables questions to ministers and introduces proposals for government action
- recommends or reviews potential policy or legislative change, and offers advice and opinions on current policy
- advises on the interpretation and implementation of policy decisions, acts and regulations
- studies and acts upon any legislation that may affect the local authority.
The current UK salary for an elected officer or elected representative wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa is £43,200 for an experienced candidate and £23,400 for a new entrant.
Source: UK Visas & Immigration Codes of Practice 2014.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Elected Officers & Representatives
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for an elected officer or elected representative requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process can potentially jeopardise the appointment of an elected officer or representative.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising on the UK visa application process and UK business immigration law.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre elected officers and elected representatives from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 visa applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for elected officers and elected representatives wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Elected Officers and Representatives, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.