Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – Aircraft Pilots and Flight Engineers – UK Visa Applications
The Increase in international air passenger traffic and domestic traffic in the UK means the international recruitment of aircraft pilots and flight engineers is essential to maintaining services and refreshing staff, as pilots and staff retire or move on.
Duncan Lewis business immigration solicitors can advise airline companies on the overseas recruitment of aircraft pilots and flight engineers – who are eligible to work in the UK under the regulations covering occupations skilled to NQF Level 6.
Duncan Lewis business immigration lawyers frequently advise on Tier 2 applications for aircraft pilots and flight engineers – as well as advising on recruiting non-EEA pilots who have trained in the UK.
Any Tier 2 applicants can be sponsored for jobs in certain occupations – and the government has drawn up a list of eligible occupations for aircraft pilots and flight engineers wishing to apply for a Tier 2 visa to take up a position in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration regulations set out Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers such as aircraft pilots and flight engineers.
Under the regulations, the sort of roles within a company that would be eligible for a Tier 2 visa application include:
- Airline pilot
- First officer (airlines)
- Flight engineer
- Flying instructor
- Helicopter pilot.
UK Visas & Immigration rules also set out the types of duties an aircraft pilot or flight engineer might undertake to qualify for a Tier 2 visa, including:
- studies flight plan, discusses it with flight deck crew and makes any necessary adjustments
- directs or undertakes routine checks on engines, instruments, control panels, cargo distribution and fuel supplies
- directs or undertakes the operation of controls to fly airplanes and helicopters, complying with air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- monitors fuel consumption, air pressure, engine performance and other indicators during flight – and advises pilot of any factors that affect the navigation or performance of the aircraft
- maintains radio contact and discusses weather conditions with air traffic controllers
- performs specified tests to determine aircraft’s stability, response to controls and overall performance
- accompanies pupils on training flights and demonstrates flying techniques.
The current minimum salary range for an aircraft pilot and flight engineer applying for a Tier 2 UK visa would be £56,000 for an experienced member of staff – and £28,000 for a new entrant.
Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2013 and 2011, respectively.
Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors – UK Visa Applications & Appeals – Aircraft Pilot and Flight Engineer
Applying for a Tier 2 visa for an aircraft pilot or flight engineer joining your UK operation requires expert legal advice on the preparation of the visa application to ensure no delays occur.
Companies should be aware that any delays in the Tier 2 visa application process might potentially jeopardise the timely take up of an aircraft pilot or flight engineer appointment.
Duncan Lewis immigration experts are one of the UK’s leading specialist immigration and business immigration solicitors, with a highly successful track record in advising companies on business immigration law and the UK visa application process.
Duncan Lewis immigration lawyers have offices nationwide and in most major cities – and our national and London immigration lawyers can advise companies wishing to recruit high-calibre aircraft pilots and flight engineers from overseas on:
- Tier 2 Licence
- Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsor (CoS)
- Tier 2 Visa Applications
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfers
- Standard UK Visa for Business Visits.
Duncan Lewis business immigration experts are also able to advise on visa appeals for aircraft pilots and flight engineers wishing to take up appointments in the UK.
As immigration specialists, Duncan Lewis is ranked by Legal 500 2015 for its business immigration services.
For further information on UK visa applications for Aircraft Pilots and Flight Engineers, call Duncan Lewis Business Immigration Solicitors in confidence on 0333 772 0409 for a FREE initial consultation.